Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Friday, November 10, 2006

Ho Hum

Earlier I heard that there are 30 terrorist plots being tracked in England; and that Al Qaeda threatened to blow up the White House. Yet it took me quite a while to actually see these stories on the news. It almost made me feel as if I had only imagined it.

When I looked on Google, there were no immediate news results for "White House", none for "Al Qaeda", and nothing for "blow up White House". But when I typed in "White House + Al Qaeda", I found one result: "Al-Qaeda recording threatens to destroy White House" -- from the Daily Star of Lebanon.

Shouldn't these stories be dominating the news tonight? Instead, Larry King is devoting a whole hour to "Dancing with the Stars", while Glenn Beck finds Danny Bonaduce worthy of an hour.

No comments: