Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Monday, March 08, 2010

Olbermann's "Worst Person in the World"

I read this John Hood column in The Tribune newspaper the other day and agree with the sentiments expressed, even if Keith Olbermann does not. Why common sense thinking like this is considered evil, I cannot fathom.
"To say I have the right to pursue happiness is not, of course, to say that I have a right to force you to make me happy. I don’t have a right to force you to give me food, clothing, shelter, or health care. I can ask. I can offer something you value in exchange. When the Left tries to misuse the concept of rights to justify theft via welfare and income-transfer programs, I snort. I take a dim view of politicians who think their job extends beyond carrying out the few, core, constitutional duties of government. I also take a dim view of people who won’t mind their own business, in all senses of the terms. And I take a dim view of anyone who thinks that personal freedom doesn’t come with personal responsibility, and that it is the job of government to force taxpayers to bail out profligate households or businesses. If that makes me one of the worst people in the world in the eyes of a few deluded nincompoops, fine. I’ll just wish them a speedy recovery and go play with my kids."

No comments: