Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Warning: These People Vote

This past week I have seen several stories online about the computer game Pokémon Go, but as I don't play such games, I didn't bother to actually find out what the problem was until today. I guess I really shouldn't have been surprised to read things like this:

Hey Idiots, Arlington National Cemetery Wants You to Stop Playing Pokémon Go on the Tombs of Fallen Veterans.  (Yes, I know it's inconvenient for you, there are only dead heroes here.) 

Pokémon Go makers call for calm as servers crash across Europe and US.  (Yes, I'm sure this crash must be very traumatic for you.)

I remember when morons were taking selfies at solemn shrines like this, and obviously they have not learned a thing.  So I thought that Leonard Pitts described it best when he said the following:   "Here’s something I never thought I’d have to say.   People should not play Pokémon at Auschwitz. Nor at the Sept. 11 memorial in New York City, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, or Arlington National Cemetery. You would think this obvious, but apparently it isn’t. According to reports, people have been playing the game in these sacred spaces, often to the consternation of those who run them. As a tweet from Arlington put it last week, 'We do not consider playing ‘Pokémon Go’ to be appropriate decorum on the grounds of ANC.' Apparently, we have reached a point in our devolution where people can’t figure such things out for themselves."

No comments: