Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Gratitude From a Holocaust Survivor

In this touching column, Martin Greenfield, author of the new book “Measure of a Man: From Auschwitz Survivor to Presidents’ Tailor,” thanks American vets for rescuing him:  "Seventy years ago, Nazi soldiers descended on my tiny village in the Carpathian Mountains, rounded up me and my family and packed us into cattle cars headed for Auschwitz. My mother, grandparents, sister and 5-year-old baby brother were sent to the ovens. I was 15 years old. Today, I own America’s premier hand-tailored menswear company and make suits for everyone from President Obama to Jimmy Fallon to James Spader’s character Raymond 'Red' Reddington on NBC’s 'The Blacklist.'  Everything I am or will ever be I owe to God and the soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines of the US Armed Forces who fought and died to liberate me."

No comments: