Just his use of the word "disproportionate" shows that he's been drinking the antisemite's Kool-Aid. And "unjustified"? Israel was perfectly justified in fighting back! Antisemites prefer that Israel just give up and surrender, but that's never going to happen.
They've all been indoctrinated into hating and criticizing the victims instead of the villains. We were forced to hear it on the 25th anniversary of the Islamic terrorist attacks on America when "Islamophobia" was highlighted. Now that the High Holy Days are here and the third anniversary of the Hamas pogram against Jews in Israel is at hand, the hatred and misplaced sympathy will be worse than ever.
When you use a stadium or concert hall to incite people and spread anti-Israel, anti-Jewish, and anti-American propaganda, you are no longer an entertainer.
------------------------
Excerpt from the New York Post 9/19/26
Crooner Ed Sheeran called Israel’s actions in Gaza “unjustifiable” as he wept and broke his silence during his first concert since booting rapper Macklemore from his tour for tirades against the Jewish state.
“I’ve never wanted to be an activist musician, but this put me in the middle of an important and passionate argument about freedom of speech and the most complex political issue on the planet,” Sheeran told the Philly crowd of concertgoers Saturday night.
Sheeran spoke multiple times about the controversy during Saturday night’s show at Lincoln Financial Field, growing progressively more upset as the night wore on and eventually telling fans it had been one of the “worst weeks of his life” and that “I really didn’t know whether I’d be even get on stage again, whether I wanted to be an artist at all.”
At the start of the show, before playing any music, he zeroed on his feelings about the Gaza War, criticizing both Israel and Hamas.
“I have tried in my career not to be a political commentator of any kind, because I want my music and shows to be about unity, not division, about humanity, not politics,” Sheeran said, apparently reading from a teleprompter.
“But this is a humanitarian issue. I cannot hide how I feel about it anymore. What happened in Israel, and at the music festival on October 7th was horrific and compounded centuries of Jewish pain,” he said as he broke down in tears.
“What is happening in Gaza is catastrophic and unjustifiable and disproportionate.”
“My heart has been broken by the scale of devastation and loss of civilian life and loss of children’s lives. And the systemic injustice we’re seeing unfolding the West Bank cannot be overlooked,” the singer-songwriter said.
He also said that he was used to his music being criticized but said “this week the criticism was about something much more important, and I’ve had to take and make difficult decisions, and I am making mistakes, and I’m so, so sorry.”
He later shared that his first concert back “is not the usual ‘Loop’ show” as he was fearful of how the crowd would react after Macklemore’s departure.
“I usually go out to a B stage and I’m going to be totally honest with you, I didn’t know what this audience would be like tonight,” Sheeran said, adding, “I didn’t know if I would have things thrown at me.”
Sheeran confirmed he will be continuing “The Loop” tour despite all of his opening acts — including his backing band — dropping out since Macklemore received the boot.
“Honoring my commitment to my fans is also completely central to who I am. And that is why I’m here tonight, on my own,” he said, receiving a roaring applause.
“I am deeply worried about the idea that venues should pre-approved content of performance,” the singer said, adding “this happens in so many places that I perform around the world, but it should never happen in the free world.”

No comments:
Post a Comment