Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Sunday, July 14, 2024

Trump: Cheating Death

 

(New York Post cover at https://nypost.com/covers/)

I had turned on the Trump rally yesterday to see the size of the crowd and listen to some of the speech. Instead, I got to witness Donald Trump have a near-death experience after a would-be assassin aimed at his head. He was extremely lucky he didn't turn his head at the wrong moment, and he had great instincts in immediately ducking behind the podium. The Secret Service has a difficult job I do not envy.

And he sure has aplomb! I know I wouldn't have had the ability to immediately show character, strength, and defiance after such a shock. There's a leader for you.

Sadly, at least one attendee was killed by the gunfire. Imagine going to see a political rally on a beautiful July day and ending up a murder victim. It's just horrifying.

No comments: