Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Monday, June 03, 2024

Social Distancing: Better Safe Than Sorry

From The Washington Post: In the pandemic, we were told to keep 6 feet apart. There’s no science to support that.

"In a congressional appearance, infectious-disease expert Anthony S. Fauci characterized the recommendation as 'an empiric decision that wasn’t based on data.'"

-----------

I wish they'd leave Dr Fauci alone. He was doing the best he could under very difficult circumstances, when nobody knew how COVID was transmitted or who would die next.

I personally thought, and still think, that it's a lot better to keep a distance between yourself and the next person in front of, and behind you, in line.  Before we wore masks, you'd be crowded by people standing much too close to you, coughing and sneezing.

Even today, and even before 2020, I would tell the person behind me to stand back. It's not only rude to crowd me, but I'd rather not catch whatever germs you have!

It makes perfect sense to me. But if you'd rather criticize Dr Fauci than do a little something to protect other people, you go right ahead.

No comments: