Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Friday, June 18, 2021

Vaccine Humor!

The words "humor" and "vaccine" usually don't go together, but they definitely do in this funny Dana Milbank opinion column titled "The covid vaccine did change my DNA. It turned me into a Trump Republican."

Here's an excerpt. Make sure to read the entire piece, and also read some of the equally funny reader comments.

 "I’m sure you’ve seen the pictures all over the Internet of people who have had these shots and now they’re magnetized. They can put a key on their forehead, it sticks. They can put spoons and forks all over and they can stick because now we think there is a metal piece to that.”   — Sherri Tenpenny

"I remember clearly the moment it began: right after my first covid shot.

I was going through security at the airport, and I set off the metal detector. Annoyed, I removed my gun from its holster and put it on the conveyor belt. I still beeped. I removed my machete, nunchucks and grenade launcher and put them through the X-ray machine. But I still beeped!

I had become magnetic.

The next morning, as I was eating my oatmeal, my spoon stuck to the roof of my mouth. I might have choked, but fortunately the spoon was jarred loose when the magnetic force slammed me against the refrigerator, where I remained suspended until family members were able to pull me down."

-----------------------------------

The Gary Larson cartoon above was referenced by a commenter - and it's from 1988.

No comments: