Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Practice Makes Perfect for this Jewish Doctor

Isn't this marvelous?  

From Jewish Telegraphic Agency: "The day after his 100th birthday on July 10, Dr. Howard Tucker headed downtown to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the Cleveland Guardians baseball game.

'I just hope I can get the ball to the plate,' Tucker said beforehand with a laugh. 'I’ve been practicing.'

Tucker has a solid track record around practicing — certainly when it comes to medicine. Last year, the Guinness Book of World Records verified the Cleveland Heights, Ohio, resident as the world’s oldest practicing doctor. He still teaches medical residents at St. Vincent Charity Medical Center in Cleveland and takes on medical-legal expert witness work in his spare time. One of his 10 grandchildren, Austin Tucker, is currently producing a documentary about his life titled, “What’s Next?”

'I have to keep doing things because I can’t stand being at home,' Tucker said.  'As long as people accept me, I’m going to continue to practice. I enjoy myself.'"

No comments: