Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

"Woke" or Joke?

Now this definitely sounds like a joke:

Silvio Canto, Jr. writes, "My late father used to fall sleep watching TV, specially after eating one of my mom's Cuban meals.  So we'd be watching a game on a Sunday afternoon and he'd say:  'Wake me up when there is a runner on third' or his football counterpart was 'Wake me up when they're in the red zone.' 

So let me paraphrase my late father and tell Virgin Atlantic:  'Wake me when the woke is over'.   

This is the latest chapter in the woke story:    

Virgin Atlantic has today updated its uniform policy to remove gendered clothing requirements in a move which has seen passengers criticise the airline for not focusing on passenger prices and experience instead.

Staff including plane crew and pilots will be able to choose which uniform they wear: the company's 'red' option, previously most commonly worn by female flight attendants, or the 'burgundy' option, previously worn by male flight attendants.

This includes allowing men to wear skirts and women to wear trousers, as well as increasing the uniform options available to non-binary staff members.     

They are also introducing pronoun badges in a bid to allow staff to 'wear uniforms that express their true identity.'"

No comments: