Thursday, September 03, 2026

It's Time To Get Your Fall COVID & Flu Vaccines!

Wisely, I have never waited for my doctors or for health professionals in general to tell me to to get COVID and flu shots. I have done so on my own every year because I can't afford to contract COVID or the flu. It's as simple as that. Because I believe that vaccines work, I have never required any urging at all, plus I have followed in the footsteps of my mother, who made sure her children were vaccinated.

--------------------------------

Top medical leaders urge Americans to get their flu and COVID shots in lieu of CDC vaccine campaign

The Trump administration has so far been silent on flu, COVID and RSV vaccine guidance for the coming season, even as these diseases kill thousands of people every year

By Adam Kovac edited by Claire Cameron.  Scientific American 9-2-26

"The Trump administration has remained silent so far on vaccination recommendations as flu season approaches. But leaders of some of the country’s largest medical organizations are urging Americans to get their shots to avoid serious illness.

"On Wednesday the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and the Infectious Diseases Society of America, as well as the University of Minnesota’s Vaccine Integrity Project, released recommendations indicating that the vast majority of people should get vaccinated against influenza, COVID and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).

No comments: