Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Stupor Bowl Sunday

I don't remember the Super Bowl being celebrated like a national holiday when I was a kid. These days it seems to be the be-all and end-all of everything, and or course just another excuse to drink and riot. When I was in the supermarket today, I lost track of the number of people whose carts were filled solely with cases of beer and bags of ice. Personally, I don't care who wins or who loses, but my friend Diane told me that the Red Cross is actually having counselors standing by to help people "cope" if their team loses! I can think of other, important things the Red Cross could be doing, can't you? And if you are so grief-stricken over a mere sporting event, you really need more serious counseling!

No comments: