Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Monday, October 01, 2007

'Bad Manners' & The Iranian Nazi

Excuse me, but I really don't understand Americans who think like this woman in a letter to USA Today:
"Apology for 'bad manners' - Alexandra Bonifield - Dallas - I have to give President Ahmadinejad a hand. In response to the rude behavior by Columbia University President Lee Bollinger, Iran's leader held his ground. I don't understand many of Ahmadinejad's espoused beliefs, but I don't condone blatant bad manners from a university president who had invited him to speak. Imagine President Bush being invited to speak before a crowd at a major Iranian university. How would Americans feel if he was then taunted by his host? I would not have blamed Ahmadinejad if he had quietly risen from his seat and left Columbia. He had every right to do so. If I had to choose between dining with Ahmadinejad or Bush, I'd select the former. The conversation would be fascinating, illuminating. My apologies to Ahmadinejad for Bollinger's bad manners. We have few real leaders here to set good examples."

No comments: