Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Saturday, July 07, 2012

Celebrity Media

I honestly don't care about either Tom Cruise or Katie Holmes, but am I the only one who finds the coverage of their divorce one-sided in her favor? It reminds me of the way Prince Charles and Princess Diana were covered before her death -- he was the villain, while she was the victim. After she died, the truth came out, and the media was actually apologetic for having been manipulated. I doubt we'll see much of that here.

(Mitch Albom has the right idea:  "If I were king of the world, I would insist on a moratorium for Hollywood marriages: no talking about them until their 10th anniversary. No photos. No magazine covers. No gossip page items. No selling the video rights. Actors, rock stars, famous celebrities, reality TV show participants -- all would be forced to wed quietly and privately with no media attention whatsoever.")

No comments: