Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Reader's Digest Goes PC!

I've been subscribing to Reader's Digest for many years and have seen it go from a conservative, traditional magazine to a more liberal one. In an etiquette article in the latest issue, I was surprised to find myself lectured on the use of the phrase "ladies and gentlemen" when addressing a group. They favor "Hello, everyone", stating that it "speaks to all of us,including men, women, and those who identify as gender-fluid or nonbinary. We must all mind the gap, so it's kind to include all of us - regardless of our  pronouns - in the warning."                                                                                                    
We must? Excuse me, but "ladies and gentlemen"ARE all of us. If "gender-fluid or nonbinary" (who came up with this nonsense?) people are delusional, that's their problem. Just don't tell me what words I must use.

No comments: