Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Monday, July 24, 2006

A Politically Correct War

This morning before I went to work, I caught a few minutes of the morning show "Fox and Friends". Someone named Mike Evans was reporting from Israel, and he was almost apoplectic as he tried to describe how evil Hamas, Hezbollah, and their allies are, and how much suffering Israel has endured. You could see, just by the way he was starting to form the word, that he really wanted to call the terrorists "bastards" --but he restrained himself and kept saying, "I shouldn't say it. I shouldn't say it". I shouted at the TV, "Say it! Say it!" Then, his internal struggle over, he said something like, "I'll have to use another word" and instead called these ruthless,
cold-blooded, antisemetic murderers "characters"! Characters! What a dumbed-down, meaningless word! Since when do "characters" behead people and fly jets into skyscrapers?

We are in serious trouble when people are so afraid to hurt the feelings of the enemy.

No comments: