Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Monday, April 13, 2009

The Obamafication of Golf

While watching the Masters yesterday and enduring the awful cheerleading by the NBC commentators, I thought Chris Matthews must have been guest-hosting in the booth! I heard Ian Baker-Finch utter the immortal line below, which I double-checked online today to make sure I wasn't imagining things:
"Ian Baker-Finch could barely contain himself at the thought of a Woods-Mickelson showdown. 'This is setting up to be one of the most exciting Masters I can remember,' he said, ignoring the fact that Kenny Perry was actually the leader and that Woods and Mickelson were a few strokes behind. When television's favourite golfers actually did get close, Baker-Finch almost dissolved. 'This is something very special here,' he blubbered. 'I can feel it, tingling.'
After this, I pressed the mute button on my remote.

No comments: