Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Read Thomas Sowell

Here's another great column by Thomas Sowell, who makes perfect sense, as usual. An excerpt:
"There was a time, within living memory, when most Americans did not have health insurance-- and it was not the end of the world, as so many in politics and the media seem to be depicting it today.
As someone who lived through that era, and who spent decades without medical insurance, I find it hard to be panicked and stampeded into bigger and worse problems because some people do not have medical insurance, including many who could afford it if they chose to.What did we do, back during the years when most Americans had no medical insurance? I did what most people did. I depended on a 'single payer'-- myself. When I didn't have the money, I paid off my medical bills in installments. The birth of my first child was not covered by medical insurance. I paid off the bill, month by month, until the time finally came when I could tell my wife that the baby was now ours, free and clear.In a country where everything imaginable is bought and paid for on credit, why is it suddenly a national crisis if some people cannot pay cash up front for medical treatment?"
I wish HE could run for office!

No comments: