Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Latest Must-Have: Fast Internet Connections!

This is just ridiculous. Fast internet access is NOT a "right" to be paid for by the rest of us. Before I earned enough to pay for my own computer and internet access, I went to the library and used the Internet there, as many people do. When I finally did get the Internet, I used inexpensive Juno dial-up service for many years, and it worked very well. And many dial-up services even offer X number of hours free per month. "Slow" internet is better than NO internet, and it's not the end of the world if you don't have the Internet at all: there are still such things are books and encyclopedias for your research; and if you need to contact someone, there's such a thing as letters, and telephones! This "right" is definitely a "wrong"!

No comments: