Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

I Couldn't Agree More

I like Roger L. Simon's column about the George Zimmerman trial.  He writes, "As I write this, Egypt teeters on the brink of civil war, Syria is still in civil war, Lebanon is also on the brink, Iran marches forward to nuclear arms, the U.S. economy remains a mess, unemployment is rampant, more people are on food stamps than work in the private sector, the deficit grows exponentially by the second, Social Security is going bankrupt, Medicare is going bankrupt, the IRS has virtually taken over the country and is about to subsume healthcare, Benghazi remains unresolved, the NSA is spying on everything and everybody between here and Alpha Centauri and we’re (I) worrying George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin?!"

Substitute the name Jodi Arias for George Zimmerman, and it's the same old story -- sensationalism for ratings.  I love how the networks call this the case "everyone in America" is talking about. I personally don't know a soul who's talking about it. (Of course, I don't know many people who are talking about the real issues, either, but that may be the way Obama prefers it.) (Cartoon by Gary Varvel)

No comments: