Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Notes on a Momentous Address

What a great speech, as usual, from Netanyahu.   I liked his lines "I can guarantee you this, the days when the Jewish people remain passive in the face of genocidal enemies--those days are over" and "We must all stand together to stop Iran’s march of conquest, subjugation, and terror.” He could have been talking about the Nazis.

When I heard that Nancy Pelosi was almost in tears, I assumed it was because she was moved by his words, especially these to Elie Wiesel: "Elie, your life and work inspire us to give meaning to the words ‘never again.’ I wish I could promise you, Elie, that the lessons of history have been learned. I can only urge the leaders of the world not to repeat the mistakes of the past."   Only later did I learn that she was angry that somehow Bibi had insulted our intelligence! You just can't reason with these appeasement Democrats.

Now get this: our own President couldn't be bothered to watch the speech and dismissed it as theatre -- but "Leading Arab opinion makers weighed in on the controversy surrounding Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s address to Congress on Tuesday and expressed strong support for his stance on the Iranian nuclear threat."

No comments: