Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Good Riddance, O.J.

I heard that O.J. Simpson died of cancer. I was just sorry he didn't die in the electric chair thirty years ago.  His trial was the  biggest miscarriage of justice I could remember, as the evidence was overwhelming that he was the murderer of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman. It was the first time I ever heard the phrase "jury nullification" when threats of violence and rioting in California turned a guilty verdict into an acquittal.

After all these years, I can still picture Nicole's mother and sisters, and Ron's father and sister, and I think of the horror that those two beautiful victims suffered. 

I'll have the TV off today so I wont have to see the usual excuse-making for the killer, and I'll let The Babylon Bee finish up with this headline:

O.J. Simpson Excited For God To Tell Him Who Real Killer Was

"U.S. — O.J. Simpson has passed away from cancer at the age of 76. According to sources from the afterlife, the former football star is looking forward to asking God who really killed his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson.

"'I've been racking my brains for decades trying to figure out who may have done it,' said Simpson. 'It will be great to have all my questions finally laid to rest. I really can't imagine who might have committed such a crime.'

"At publishing time, O.J. Simpson's questions unfortunately remained unanswered after a majority-black jury declared him 'not dead.'"

No comments: