Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Flight 93

My parents saw the new film "United 93" and, along with all the critics, said it was the most powerful movie they had ever seen. Maybe now we will hear less politically correct babbling about "the root causes" of the terrorists.

I doubt that (thankfully) this film will be shown in the Middle East: they wouldn't want to show a mission that ultimately failed.

Looking back to 9/11, I wonder why none of us at work left, although I suspect we were all literally paralyzed with fear. I remember wanting to run home, but like everyone else, I stayed and listened to the radio. We pretended to work as other co-workers shouted out updates: "They've attacked the other tower!" and "There's a 4th plane!" I don't recall another thing about the rest of that work day except for us all being summoned to the conference room where a little speech was made, and then we held hands and prayed silently.

No comments: