Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"The 'Um' Season"

What a great description of Thanksgiving and Christmas this is!
"For us Jews, Thanksgiving is an uncomplicated treat as we enter the 'um' season. 'Got your tree yet?' 'Um...' 'Where are you going for Christmas?' 'Um...' 'Mommy, is Santa coming to our house?' 'Um...' Of course many people assume that everyone else is celebrating Christmas, and that's fine. I've never met anyone who minded being corrected in that assumption. The compensation for being odd-man-out at this time of year, and excuse me, my frazzled Christian friends, if I gloat a bit, is no stress. Thanksgiving is like a lower-stress Christmas. It's the 'joy' without the 'oy.'"
"The 'um season'" -- perfect! As the only Jew at work, I not only "um" but am virtually mute the entire month of December!

No comments: