Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"I'm For The Rich!"

Read National Review today; there are a lot of excellent analyses of Obama’s redistribution of wealth plan, including this one by Mona Charen and I couldn’t agree more. It's titled “I’m for the Rich” and it ends this way:
"In the process of earning their wealth, the rich have created products, services, and whole industries that have dramatically improved my work life, my family life, and my health. I’m so grateful to them for the GPS, iPads, non-drowsy antihistamines, smartphones, XM radio, and The Teaching Company courses — to name only a few advances of the past decade or two.
I’m for the rich because nearly all of the rich people I’ve met are extremely public-spirited. They volunteer. They form committees to improve things in their communities. And they are incredibly generous with their money. As Arthur C. Brooks of the American Enterprise Institute notes, “The top 10 percent of households in income are responsible for at least a quarter of all the money contributed to charity, and households with total wealth exceeding $1 million give about half of all charitable donations.” In general, I think they probably make wiser choices in their charitable giving than the federal government would make if it took their money and spent it.
I’m for the rich because they create the dynamism and energy of a growing economy. The rich create businesses and hire people.
A wealthy person gave me my first job. And I’ll bet the same is true of you.
I’m for the rich and for all the people who simply want an opportunity to become rich — opportunities that are becoming scarcer with every passing day of Mr. Obama’s presidency."
I'm for the rich too -- I admire them. Unfortunately for our desperate president, the rich are not the villain here! Obama continues to vilify and discourage success and hard work and encourage idleness and dependency. It's not only blatant class and party warfare, but it’s also an embarrassment to the reputation of the United States. It's hard to believe that the same country that feared and hated communism is now embracing it.

(Cartoon seen at Lucianne.com)

No comments: