Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Monday, July 13, 2020

Louis Farrakhan, Please Call Kimberly Hawkins!

You have the bravery of  Daniele Israel on the one hand, who wrote his letters on his one-way trip to Auschwitz; and you have this brazen, unapologetic antisemite on the other. Sue-Ann Levy writes,

"What a difference a week has made to Kimberly Hawkins—the owner of Foodbenders catering company in downtown Toronto.

In just a week Hawkins’ take-out and catering business of seven years has gone from being renowned for its fresh, healthy options to infamous for her unhealthy hateful obsession with the Jewish state.
A little more than a week ago, on Friday July 3, I paid a visit to her store. This was just after word started to get out in the Toronto Jewish community about Hawkins’ anti-Semitic signs and Instagram posts.

Her anti-Zionist ravings ramped up in mid-June after she’d caught the public’s attention with F—- the police and Defund the Police signage outside her store.

Since she had posted on Instagram #ZionistsnotWelcome in her store, I pulled a keto salad out of her refrigerator and took it up to the cash register to see if she’d sell it to me.

Before I paid her, I told her I was a Zionist, a Jew and a Toronto journalist – in case she didn’t want to take my money.

She hesitated for a moment before taking my $13. I subsequently asked her if she wanted to comment on the controversy swirling around her about her series of posts, in which she called Zionists 'greedy and entitled' and 'Nazis.'

She’d also posted that Zionists 'control the media,' and that Israel is a 'terrorist state that kills little babies' – among many other anti-Semitic tropes dressed in the guise of being anti-Zionist.

She refused comment except to say she has a problem only with Zionists but loves Jews. She also told me all she was doing was standing up for Palestine and for that she was being harassed and was receiving death threats.

When I returned to the store a few minutes later to give her another chance to comment, I was ordered to leave by two of her supporters while they unleashed a torrent of f-words."

There's more, but you get the point. All that was missing was the "Juden Verboten!" sign.

No comments: