Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Wednesday, July 08, 2020

The Old "They Took it the Wrong Way" Excuse

"Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has been accused of anti-Semitism for promoting a quote falsely attributed to Adolf Hitler and featuring posts praising Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan, who has an extensive history of anti-Jewish remarks.  On his Instagram story feed, he posted a quote falsely attributed to Hitler: 'Hitler said, 'because the white Jews knows that the Negroes are the real Children of Israel and to keep Americas secret the Jews will blackmail America.''

In his 'apology' after the fact, he compounded the offense by saying "Anyone who feels I have hate towards the Jewish community took my post the wrong way" (no, we didn't);  and "I post a lot of things that are sent to me. I do not have hatred towards anyone. I really didn’t realize what this passage was saying." (no, of course he didn't.)

I wonder if he'll now be lectured on antisemitism the way the rest of us are being lectured on  racism?

No comments: