Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Moon vs. Hammarskjöld

I decided to see what kind of hay the foreign papers were making out of our disgusting, embarassing protests, and I immediately thought of Pravda. To my surprise, there was nothing on the home page -- but I did find an article attacking the UN's Ban Ki-Moon for insulting the memory of Dag Hammarskjöld, a truly great man.  I definitely agree with the sentiment, even though the writing style is hilariously overwrought and propagandistic, such as:
"Ban Ki-Moon is the human face of the UNO's failure to represent anything more than a humanitarian agency, a vapid monstrosity of goodwill but in concrete terms, a monument of pith and wind....

How dare he refer to himself in the same breath as Dag Hammarskjöld, under whose feet he is not even fit to squirm."
Very true!

No comments: