Cumulative Confirmed COVID-19 Cases

Friday, May 12, 2006

Entitlement mentality

What has happened to people that they have the nerve to expect you the taxpayer to give them things they can't afford? Instead of working hard and scrimping & saving, the way the rest of us do, they have this attitude that says, "You owe me."

Today I received a call in which the caller asked where she could receive a donation of a car. I couldn't believe my ears, and I asked her if she meant she wanted to donate her old car to my workplace. But no, I had indeed heard correctly -- she wanted a car. To be handed to her. Free.

I've heard some nervy requests before, but this one takes the cake.

Can you imagine yourself making such a demand?

1 comment:

Jack Steiner said...

I won't ask for a car. But could you send me $50 bucks. It is a lot less than a car. ;)